Becoming A Member
Applications for membership are currently not being accepted until 1st April 2020. There is currently no waiting list in operation. Please apply nearer the time.
Please read the following before requesting a membership form.
- The Membership runs for a maximum of one year and expires on 31st March annually.
- Only applications by post will be accepted. Please do NOT use recorded delivery or ‘signed for’ envelopes, as your renewal may not be received and could result in a delay.
- Your membership request can take up to a week to process before being posted back to you.
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- The application form MUST be accompanied by a:
- A recent passport quality and passport size photo.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (minimum size 220 mm x 110 mm, 22 cm x 11 cm, 8.7 inches x 4.2 inches).
- The correct fee (details on form). Alternatively, you can pay by BACS (see ‘Paying by BACS‘ elsewhere on this page).
MEMBERSHIP FEES 2020-2021
- All Junior and Intermediate Members must be accompanied by an Adult Member (i.e. any Member aged 18 or over) at all times. Shorne Country Park excepted. Junior Members may only fish using one rod and line. Intermediate Members may fish with up to two rods and line at any one time, subject to each water’s bye-laws.
- The administration fee is non-refundable. All membership subscriptions are non-refundable subject to the Committee’s discretion.
TWAPS Membership expires on 31st March annually and should be renewed by then.
Renewal reminders are not normally sent to Members.
Note: Unless otherwise informed, only renewals by post are accepted.
Once you have completed your Membership Renewal Card, post it to the Membership Secretary (name and address below and on your membership card).
Don’t forget to include your remittance (cheques and postal orders made payable to ‘T.W.A.P.S’) and a stamped, a self-addressed stamped envelope (minimum size 220 mm x 110 mm, 22 cm x 11 cm, 8.7 inches x 4.2 inches).
Alternatively you can pay by BACS (see ‘Paying by BACS‘ elsewhere on this page).
Mr. D. Graves
30 Woodside Green
Tel: 07984 306416
The membership fees are as follows:
Adult Member (16+ yrs)
Annual Subs: £90
Annual Subs: £160
Junior (From 7 to 11 years old)
Annual Subs: £0 (there is no subscription fee for juniors aged 11 and under)
Note: All Junior and Intermediate Members must be accompanied by an Adult Member (i.e. any Member aged 18 or over) at all times. Shorne Country Park excepted. Junior Members may only fish using one rod and line. Intermediate Members may fish with up to two rods and line at any one time, subject to each water’s bye-laws.
4 years old and under can apply for a free non-fishing member permit.
Intermediate (12-17 yrs Incl.)
Annual Subs: £35
Senior Citizens & Registered Disabled
Annual Subs: £75
Non-fishing Member – allows access to Society waters when accompanied by a valid full paying member only. One passport size photo required: £15
Should you choose to use recorded delivery or signed for mail, this could delay your application significantly as the Membership Secretary works full time and is often unavailable to sign for mail.
As a consequence it has to be collected from the local sorting office as and when the Membership Secretary is available to do so.
- If there is more than one renewal for the same address, please supply just one stamped self addressed envelope.
- If we don’t have an email address, or it has changed, can you please supply an email address (if you don’t have one a family member’s email address will suffice) with your membership renewal.
- If you have paid by BACS can you please indicate that you have done so on the return part of your membership card.
- Please send your membership renewal to Derek Graves directly, if you send it somewhere else, your renewal could be delayed.
- Please do not send your identity card with your membership renewal. We do not need it.
The Society no longer issues guest fishing permits.
However, a temporary membership can be purchased, whereby a prospective member can fish any Society water for up to 24 hours at a time, up to 4 times per season.
Those fishing as a temporary membership must be accompanied by a current full member, and a full member can be accompanied by only one temporary member at a time.
Each temporary membership period costs £10 for adults, £5 for Juniors/Intermdiates/Senior Citizens/Registered Disabled,
To apply for temporary membership please use the Contact Us page and some one will get back to you. Please note: please allow for a minimum of 24 hours notice when applying for temporary membership.
Paying by BACS
You can now pay for your new membership or renewal by BACS payment.
However, please read the following instructions carefully:
- If you are a new member, please include your last name as your BACS payment reference.
- If you are renewing your membership, please include your membership number as your BACS payment reference.
- You will still need to send in a completed membership application form (if a new member) or the renewal section of your membership card (if renewing your membership), together with the specified stamped addressed envelope, to the Membership Secretary.
- Also, write on your membership application form, or membership renewal slip, that you have paid by BACS and the date you paid it.
The TWAPS account details are as follows:
Account name: Thameside Works Angling and Preservation Society
Account number: 10888540
Sort code: 20-25-42